The Big Picture
Can you bring your creative and visionary skills to help make change in the world? You will have the autonomy, access, and support to do meaningful work that has huge impact on the neurodiverse and neurotypical population. Contagious enthusiasm for SNAPFSE’s mission and the passion to learn is essential in this role.
Special Needs Assistance Program for Social Engagement (SNAPFSE) was created to increase the engagement, awareness, and communication between neurodiverse and neurotypical people, bringing both groups together to create a stronger bond and better understanding of each other. SNAP expands into four individual projects, each with its unique mission to spread love and support for neurodiversity.
- Producing efficient and maintainable code based on defined requirements.
- Testing and deploying programs and applications.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining, and improving existing software.
- Reviewing and assessing user feedback to improve software performance and features.
- Collaborate with product team to develop and maintain mobile applications.
- Discuss technical issues with peers and non-technical team members.
- Manage individual project priorities and deadlines.
The SNAP App offers a new social media platform for neurodiverse friends to meet, interact, and discover one another. The app will feature:
- Ability to schedule and make in-person hangout sessions: participants can find common meeting spaces suggested by the program to hangout out and meet with new neurodiverse and neurotypical individuals.
- A matching system based on preferences: Using location, preferences, and tags, SNAP will match you in your feed with like-minded people.
- A chat system with integrated machine learning for easier neurodiverse communication and interpretation: a chat system will be integrated into the system for easy, quick communication with new people that you meet. It will also include special needs capabilities that allow for neurodiverse participants to have more ease and comfort with communication.
- The SNAP Research Initiative (SRI): SRI is a research component linked to a larger project. The SRI will give consenting individuals the opportunity to contribute to ASD research by prompting participants to fill out a questionnaire after social interactions.
- A “support” (aid) account linking system: Supports can join SNAP and help their participant in the program
- Video chat feature for virtual meets: a video call system will be available for virtual hangouts for those that prefer to not meet in-person or may have difficulty otherwise meeting outside.
Skills And Experience
- Ability to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree not required.
- Mobile app development experience required.
- Developing and maintaining new and existing code for mobile applications following best practices using the React Native framework.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with cloud systems such as
- Understanding of source control, specifically
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.
Nice to have
- Analytical thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Experience with
- Understanding of engineering and design best practices, such as: design patterns, testable code, mobile performance, responsive design, and accessibility.
- Understanding of the agile process.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.